Committees of the Town:
The mission of Ste. Anne Community Development Corporation is to promote and enhance development in the areas of economic development, entrepreneurship, tourism and community activities for the Town of Ste. Anne.
Board Members as of Jan. 25th, 2023:
- Bailey Mitchell: was born and raised in the Town of Ste. Anne, she moved away for 13 years while pursuing her hockey career, and when the time was right Bailey and her husband built their home in Seine River Crossing. In the past year and a half she has graduated from school, had their daughter Meadow at the Ste Anne Hospital, started a business in town (Bailey Mitchell Massage Therapy) and she is currently expecting baby #2 at the end of March! “I love this town with all my heart and am very excited for this new adventure with the CDC!”
- Jeremy Wiens: has lived in Ste. Anne for more than 14 years. He is a realtor and would love to see our town attract more businesses and recreational opportunities, to continue to make it a great place to raise families. Jeremy was elected to council Oct. 26, 2022.
- Jules Pattyn: was raised in Ste. Anne along with three other generations of Pattyn’s. He manages a plumbing company with his brother and looks forward to bringing other companies into our town to stimulate growth in our economy. He has two boys that love the recreations we have and he would like to improve our facilities for the kids of Ste. Anne.
- Terri Tauffenbach: has recently retired from the University of Manitoba after 40 years. The last 20 years working in the college of Nursing as an Academic Student Advisor. She moved to the RM of Ste. Anne in 1994 where she lived and started a family having them attend École Pointe-Des-Chênes. In 2013 she moved into town. She was the President of Ste. Anne Soccer for three years, was a member of Eastman Soccer Club and the Ste. Anne Sports and Recreation Committee. As our town grows, she looks forward to assisting with the vision and planning.
- Guylène McLean: has lived in Ste. Anne for 30 years. She is a graduate from École Pointe-Des-Chênes and her children currently attend that school. She has worked at Pharmacie Seine for 22 years, and has recently purchased the business along with her brother. Her whole family is quite involved in sports whether it be curling, cheer, baseball, or hockey. Guylène and her husband also help out coaching these various activities. She has recently resigned from her role of president of the Garderie les petits amis daycare board which she was a part of the last 7 years. She currently sits on the Ste. Anne Minor Hockey board and the parent committee of École Pointe-Des-Chênes.
- Marcus Kirouac: has 17 years of experience in the financial services industry and holds a Business Administration diploma, Canadian Risk Management certification, Certified Internal Auditor designation. He lives in the Seine River Crossing area of town with his wife, two children, and two pets. He moved to Ste. Anne 13 years ago shortly after marrying his wife who was born and raised here. Over the past 13 years Marcus has developed his own strong connection to the community and looks forward to contributing to the ongoing development of the town so it continues to grow as a place for people of all ages to live, work, and play, and where his own children will want to raise their families one day.
- Jason Einarson: is the Town Council representative to the CDC after being elected to Council on Oct. 26, 2022. He is a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA) and a graduate of Red River College’s Tourism certificate program. He currently works full time in the financial management field in the Government of Canada and as a part-time bartender at the Ste. Anne Hotel. Having lived in Ste. Anne for 7 years with his partner who has been here his whole life he looks forward to supporting the economic and social growth for town residents and those who choose to spend time in Ste. Anne.
- Chair, Jeremy Wiens (Councillor)
- Jason Einarson (Councillor)
- Yvan St. Vincent (Mayor)
For more information please visit the Ste. Anne Library website.
- Paul-Guy Lavack (President)
- Jacqueline Lauzon
- Léon Tétrault
- Maurice Blanchette
- Léo Legal
- Cornie Klassen (Council Representative)
The police board is a link between the community and the police with a mandate "To provide independent civilian oversight and governance..."
- David Lemoing (Chair)
- Lyle Davis (Vice-Chair) (Council Representative)
- Roger Plouffe
Funds available for people with special needs or medical problems and dealt individually upon request.
- Agnès Pelletier
- Richard Maynard
- David Lemoing
- Raymond Connelly
OTHER COMMUNITY COMMITTEES:
A fun service club that also organizes family activities and fundraisers in and around the community. New members welcome.
President: Rob Chaput
Vice President: Robert Gosselin
Secretary: Pat Barnard
112 Centrale Avenue
firstname.lastname@example.org - 204-422-9599
President: Carole Lavack