Please click here to view the 2023 Garbage Collection Schedule.
Please click here to view the Public Notice regarding the New Automated Cart Based System for Garbage Collection.
Garbage must be put out no earlier than 8:00 pm the night before pickup and no later than 8:00 am on pickup day. Garbage must be placed to the front property line (curb side) and accessible from the street.
Waste pickup includes:
Landfill Waste, or household waste, will be collected Tuesdays and Fridays as per the Garbage Collection Schedule.
Landfill Waste does not include the following items:
- A/C Units
- Agricultural Waste
- Animal Waste
- Bulky Waste*
- Construction/Demolition Waste
- Excavation Waste
- Industrial Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Liquid Waste
- Metallic Waste
- Ozone Depleting Waste
- Oil Waste
- Paint Cans
- Tire Waste
*Bulky Waste is picked up twice a year by the Town of Sainte-Anne at no additional cost as a special service to our residents.
Bulky waste is one item or thing having a weight not exceeding 32 kgs (75 lbs) or a total dimension which exceeds 3 cubic meters (3.92 cubic yards).
(Excludes Tires and Mattresses/Box Springs)
Missed Garbage Collection
If your garbage was not collected, here are some possible reasons why:
- Not enough space around the carts
- The collection arm on the truck needs space (at least one arm’s length clearance on all sides of the cart) so it will not tip over other carts or damage property.
- Cart facing the wrong way
- The wheels on the cart must point to the residence. Dumping the cart backwards can break or damage the lid.
- Overfilled cart
- The cart lid must be completely closed, otherwise the lid can be damaged when the cart is emptied.
- Items on top or beside the cart
- Items placed on top of the cart restrict the ability to dump the cart and will not be picked up.
- Cart blocked
- If there is something restricting access to the cart on the ground (e.g., snowbank, parked vehicle) or overhead (e.g., low hanging wires, trees, eavestroughs).
- Inappropriate waste in the cart
- Electronic waste, household hazardous waste, construction materials and other waste that needs special handling will not be picked up.
- Cart is too heavy
- If the operator determines the cart is too heavy to safely maneuver or tip, it will not be collected until some materials are removed. Please make sure your carts contain no more than 50 kilograms (110 lbs) of material and can be easily rolled to your collection point. These figures are for reference only and will not be verified at the collection point.
- Cart placed too far
- A cart will not be collected if the cart is placed too far from the curb. Carts shall be placed at the curb or street edge.
- Cart not out in time
- Carts must be placed at the street by no later than 8:00AM.
If none of these reasons explain why your cart was not emptied, please leave it out and contact us to report a missed collection at 204-422-5293 or email@example.com
2023 Bulky Waste Pickup Dates (Depending your regular Garbage Collection Schedule):
Tuesday, May 9th or Friday, May 12th, 2023
Tuesday, September 12th or Friday, September 15th, 2023
Yard & Combustible Waste:
Yard & Combustible Waste to be picked up on Mondays only. Collection for 2022 is from May 9th to November 7th, if weather permits. Must be placed in yard paper bags with a maximum size of 30" x 48" and not weigh more than 45 lbs. Where not practical, must be bundled and securely tied and not exceed 48" x 36" in width.
Metal appliances or scrap metals can be dropped off at the metal depot at the Public Works Building on Traverse Rd or brought at your own expense to the Steinbach Nuisance Grounds, located at 104 Hanover Rd East, south of the City of Steinbach. Call the Landfill for more information at 204-346-6500.
Compact fluorescent lights and leftover paint are accepted at Ste. Anne Builders Supply.
Tire and Oil Wastes can be brought at your own expense to the Steinbach Landfill's Eco Centre.
Hazardous Waste can be dropped off the Steinbach Landfill at your own expense.
Please click here for the Steinbach Nuisance Grounds Landfill website for more information, including hours, contact information and fees.
There is NO dumping of garbage of any kind at the Town of Sainte-Anne Landfill. Anyone caught dumping illegally may be fined.
If you notice anyone dumping garbage from outside of the Town, please report to the Town of Sainte-Anne Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions concerning the Town’s garbage policy, please contact the Operations Manager at 204 422-5293 or email@example.com.
Fall Curbside Giveaway Weekend:
The 9th Annual Fall Curbside Giveaway is scheduled for September 9th & 10th, 2023. This is a great opportunity to find a new owner for those clean and reusable unwanted items taking up space in your home or to browse the curbs for some great finds.
Tips if giving away items:
1. Place unwanted items at your curb.
2. Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign.
3. Store items that you don't want to give away out of sight.
4. Remove leftover items from the curb Sunday evening.
(Any items left at curb will be presumed to be garbage, and will be collected by the Public Works Department)
Don't put out any items that could be unsafe, that could harbour bed bugs, and toilets with a flush volume of 13 litres or more.
If you are browsing the curbs looking for treasures, only take items marked FREE, don't drive, discard items, or walk on private property, and obey the traffic laws at all times.